You are here
Certificate in Jewish Leadership for Educators
Certificate in Jewish Leadership for EducatorsSunday, January 17, 2021 - - to Wednesday, January 20, 2021 - -
A leadership training opportunity specifically for senior-level educators serving Jewish communities, presented by Spertus Institute in partnership with Northwestern University.
Enhance Your Educational Leadership | Participants learn to lead with authenticity, collaborate across institutions and communities, effectively communicate their educational vision, and lead schools and organizations through times of change.
You participate along with a team of fellow Jewish educational leaders from across North America. Graduates rate the lasting guidance, support, and insights of their cohort among the most valuable aspects of the program.
Top Tier Faculty
Professors from Spertus Institute and Northwestern University impart leadership solutions drawn from their extensive experience. Their insights and curricula are relevant to Jewish educational environments, whether large or small.
Customized for Educators
You will learn and apply new approaches to recurring and emerging issues seen in educational environments. A leadership assessment, professional coaching, and your capstone project are tailored to meet your specific goals.
Due to generous support from The Harriette and Ted Perlman Family Foundation, the cost of the program is $1,000 (not including travel and accommodations if applicable).
Jewish education happens both in and out of the classroom. We encourage educators from traditional settings, as well as those who educate in more informal environments, to apply.
Taught in a welcoming, pluralistic environment
- Instruction takes place during two 4-day seminars
- Material has immediate application to your work and career
- Download program overview >
Specifically for Educators. Only at Spertus.
This was one of the most valuable programs I’ve ever experienced. It provides participants with skills and tools for leadership, training that most educators do not receive as part of their studies or on-the-job experience. The program has empowered me to be a better leader.
Lynne Lieberman, Senior Director
Lorraine & Jack N. Friedman Commission for Jewish Education, West Palm Beach, Florida
Course 1: Models of Jewish Leadership
Dr. Hal M. Lewis, Chancellor, Spertus Institute
Course 2: Collaboration
Dr. Gail Berger Darlow, Assistant Professor, Northwestern University
About the Institutions
About Northwestern Univerisity
- Preeminent university recognized as a hallmark of academic excellence.
- Provides exceptional opportunities for intellectual, professional, and personal growth.
- Instructors with outstanding academic credentials and relevant professional experience guide a collaborative learning environment.
- Students study with peers who have rich, diverse backgrounds and can provide lifelong connections.
About Spertus Institute
- Rich history of innovative programming serving Jewish educators and communal professionals.
- Non-denominational offerings grounded in Jewish thought and values, illuminating contemporary life.
- Graduate degree programs, professional certificates, and workshops that blend theory and practice, taught by leading faculty with real-world experience.
- Serves students around the globe through on-campus and distance-learning programs.
Spertus Institute is accredited by the
Higher Learning Commission
230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500
Chicago, IL 60604