You are here
David Shyovitz is an Associate Professor in the History Department of Northwestern University and Director of Northwestern's Crown Family Center for Jewish and Israel Studies.
He is a recipient of the Van Courtlandt Elliott Prize, awarded by the Medieval Academy of America, and an International Fellowship in Jewish Studies and Jewish Culture from the Memorial Foundation for Jewish Culture.
PhD, University of Pennsylvania
MA, University of Pennsylvania
BA, University of Pennsylvania
- A Remembrance of His Wonders: Nature and the Supernatural in Medieval Ashkenaz
- O Beastly Jew! Jews, Animals, and Jewish Animals in the Middle Ages
- Medieval European intellectual and cultural history
- Jewish-Christian relations
- Jewish Messianic Movements
- Jews and Judaism in the Middle Ages
- Jewish Mysticism and Spirituality